To equip and encourage men to develop their personal relationship with Jesus and to engage them as spiritual leaders of their family, church and community
Welcome to Point Men, the men’s ministry at BUMC
● Mission Statement - To equip and encourage men to develop their personal relationship with Jesus and to engage them as spiritual leaders of their family, church and community
● We are glad to have you join us! Our goal is engagement with our church, family and God. We accomplish this by addressing the issues that all men, regardless of age, are confronted with daily. Those issues that keep us from following His path. Fellowship, Accountability and Spiritual growth can all be found here.
● Our weekly men’s Bible study is not to be missed. Great speakers, great messages and six to eight week sessions that allow you to jump in at any time. Table discussions following the speaker allow us to dig deeper.
● New small groups are being formed continually that fit your schedule. Many of these from the men you will meet at your table discussions during the weekly bible study or from our interest based small groups.
● Men’s Retreat each year on MLK weekend in January. This isn’t your typical church camp! Put this on your calendar now. It will be an amazing experience.
● Valentine’s Father Daughter Dance, Family Fishing Day and our Handy Man Ministry provide more ways to get involved.
OnPoint: A Weekly Conversation for Men
OnPoint meets on Thursdays @ 6:30 am in the Tabernacle
♦ live speakers followed by table discussions that allow us to dig deeper : Speaker's scheduled for this spring are to be announced!
♦ opportunity to form biblically-based small groups as well as interest-based small groups
♦ open to all men -- invite someone from your Sunday school class, small group, work or neighborhood!
♦ Check out our Point Men BUMC Facebook page
family fishing day (Held in the fall)
Our thanks to all who attended family fishing day -- pictures are on the PointMen Facebook page.
A special Thank You to Jim and Mitzi Renfro, and Jim Chelette for their support! We couldn't provide this experience without their support and leadership.
Pictures from Crockett PARK concert with THE POINTMEN
This summer, the PointMen hosted this family-friendly event for live music under the stars! Prepared with blankets, coolers, and snacks, the PointMen shirts were visible at Crockett Park -- securing a corner of the lawn with popcorn and bottled water. All enjoyed an evening of fellowship and great music!
Make sure we can reach you! Our Facebook Group will be updated with all our events and announcements.
By completing the short form below you can also choose to receive the same information by email or text message. We promise to only send 4 texts per year!