Life often gets crazy and hectic. We find ourselves looking for a time and place to unwind, relax, and recharge. That's what Refuel is about! It's not another program or event to add to your calendar, it's a place to connect with God and with each other in a way that refuels your empty tank each week.
UPCOMING TOPICS and PANEL MEMBERS:
October 18: Education Inequality and the Church
- Klaire Davis, Williamson County teacher and founder of BUMC's Christmas in July
- Ali Sokolowski, Director of Programming for Project Transformation Tennessee
- Rev. David Ssebulime, BUMC Director of Missions and Outreach, Founder and Board Chair of Raise the Roof Academy
- Dr. Deb Enright, Former Sr. Staff Member for WCS Superintendent Dr. Mike Looney
October 25: Homelessness and the Housing Crisis in Nashville
- Rev. Toi King, BUMC Pastor of Missions and Outreach, former Associate Director of Community Care Fellowship
- Ingrid McIntyre, Executive Director of Open Table Nashville
- Kennetha Patterson, community organizer
- Dr. Ron A. Kirsch, board member of Williamson county habitat for humanity
November 1: Addiction and the Church
- Rev. Shannon Garrett, BUMC Pastor of Congregational Care
- John Mabry, Actor, Activist, and Director of Public Outreach for Addiction Campuses
- Jaye, Healing Housing resident
November 8: Healthcare and the Church
- Rev. Shelby Slowey, BUMC Pastor of Evangelism and Hospitality
- Sharon Cox, BUMC member
- Dr. Morgan Wills, President, CEO of Siloam Health
- Michele Johnson, Executive Director of Tennessee Justice Center
- Rusty McIntire, senior lecturer in philosophy, emeritus
November 15: Immigration and the Church
- Carlos Uroza, Pastor of Primera Iglesia Metodista
- Morgan Stafford, Cross-Cultural Strategist and Ministry Intern for the Nashville Episcopal Area (UMC)
- Wade Munday, Executive Director of Justice for Our Neighbors
- Leah Hashinger Community Relations Director for Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition
November 29: Understanding the Heart of Christmas
Dr. Laura Brantley, BUMC Lead Pastor of Adult Ministries, will kick off Advent with a lesson on caring for our neighbors during the Christmas season
All ages welcome. Sign language interpretation and Facebook Live broadcast will be available. Childcare available beginning at 6:10 p.m.
No need to register for the study, but please register by Tuesday at noon each week if you will be joining us for dinner or needing childcare!
Dinner at 5:30 p.m. - Family Life Center ($5 for ages 12 and under; $10 for ages 13 and up - $30 max/family) - RSVP for Oct. 18 dinner/childcare below.
Click to see menu
REGISTER FOR DINNER AND/OR CHILDCARE - Oct. 18
Study at 6:20 p.m. - Family Life Center
Options for Youth
- Dinner from 6-7 p.m.
- Middle and High School Bible studies from 7-8 p.m.
- Sonshine ensemble rehearsal at 8 p.m.
Options for Children
- Rhythm and Bells (2nd-6th grade) from 5-5:45 p.m.
- Angel (Pre-K), Agape (1st-2nd grade), and Asbury (3rd-4th grade) choirs start at 6:15-7:00 p.m.
- BUMC56 (5th-6th grade) Bible study starts at 6:15 p.m.
Weekly Dinner Menu
October 18: Grilled chicken breast, spinach salad, red skin mashed potatoes, rolls, brownies
October 25: Grilled pork tenderloin, berry salad, macaroni & cheese, bacon & garlic green beans, rolls, brownies
November 1: Grilled chicken & flank steak fajita bar with fixin’s, chopped salad, brownies
November 8: Grilled pork tenderloin, sesame snap peas, berry salad, rolls, banana pudding
November 15: Homemade turkey chili, chopped salad, baked potatoes with fixin’s, fritos, brownies
November 29: Grilled chicken breast, berry slaw, red skin mashed potatoes, rolls, banana pudding