There are many ministry opportunities going on each week to help you grow in your faith and connect with other students. If you have any questions about what is going on, just call us in the Youth Office at 615.324.7251 or check the weekly Student or Parent Newsletter. Below is our typical weekly schedule during the school year:
8:00 am Humphreys St. Coffee House is open where you can just hang out or purchase breakfast and coffee. The Game Room is open for games such as Xbox, Wii U, PS4, ping pong, and pool.
9:30 am Opportunities:
- 7th & 8th Sunday School is filled with large group teaching, small discussion groups, activities, interacting with new people, games and more in the Pit, A182.
- High School Sunday School (9th-12th grade) is filled with large group teaching, small discussion groups, activities, interacting with new people, videos, and more in the Tabernacle
- 10th-12th Church Now: 10th-12th grade opportunity opportunity to help teach and lead in Pre-School, Elementary, or BUMC56 Sunday School classes; 11th-12th grade students can help Middle School Sunday School. An application is required, contact Adam Jones at
Small Groups consist of 8-12 students of the same grade and 2 trained adult co-leaders. Several 7th-9th grade small groups are co-ed. Small groups provide a Christ-centered community providing youth a place of accountability and belonging as we grow in Christ together. Small groups also participate in various service and social opportunities together throughout the year. They run the length of the school year, starting in the fall, but you can join at any time by contacting Lee French at .
Listen to past Sunday Night Teachings in the Tabernacle on our You Tube Teachings Page
7th-9th Sunday (5:00-7:45 pm)
5:00-5:20 pm Snack Supper - Cafe
5:20-6:00 pm Worship - Tabernacle
6:00-6:40 pm Small Groups
6:45-7:45 pm Jubilation Choir – Jr. High Room
7:45-8:30 pm New Covenant Rehearsal – Jr. High Room
10th-12th Sunday (5:00-8:00 pm)
5:00-6:10 pm Sonshine Choir – Jr. High Room
6:10-6:30 pm Snack Supper - Cafe
6:30-7:05 p.m. Worship – Tabernacle
7:10-8:00 pm - Small Groups
Harvest Hands After School Program.
Meet at BUMC at 3:15, leave by 3:30, and return around 6:20 pm. High school only opportunity to tutor elementary aged children. (Harvest Hands CDC is a nonprofit Christian Community Development ministry in South Nashville committed to being good neighbors. Harvest Hands is also committed to the empowerment of children, youth and families so that they might become all that God has created them to be. We are on a journey together for wholeness in South Nashville. More information on Harvest Hands)
- Youth Confirmation is for anyone in the 7th-12th grade who has not been through Confirmation before. Confirmation is class to learn the basic tenets of the Christian faith and Methodist tradition leading toward a better understanding of the faith and Church membership. It meets on Wednesday nights 7-8 p.m. in the Spring semester starting in mid-January. For more information or to register, contact Rosanne Schenck at
- Tutoring at 61st Avenue - Meet at BUMC at 3:15 pm, leave by 3:30, and return around 6:00 pm
- 6:00-7:00 pm Meet the Youth Staff in the Youth Café to walk across the street together to get some dinner!
- 7:00-8:00 pm Bible Studies (Middle School Bible Study, High School Guys Bible Study, High School Girls Bible Study, and Youth Confirmation in the Spring Semester).
- 8:00 pm Ensemble Rehearsal in the Pit, A182.