There are many ministry opportunities going on each week to help you grow in your faith and connect with other students. If you have any questions about what is going on, just call us in the Youth Office at 615.324.7251 or check the weekly Newsletter. Below is our typical weekly schedule during the school year:
8:00 am BUMCSM Cafe is open where you can just hang out or purchase breakfast and coffee. The Game Room is open for games such as Xbox, Wii U, PS4, ping pong, and pool.
9:30 am Opportunities:
- 7th & 8th Grade Sunday School is filled with large group teaching, small discussion groups, games and more in the Pit, A182.
- High School Sunday School (9th-12th grade) is filled with large group teaching, small discussion groups, activities and more in the Tabernacle.
- 10th-12th Church Now: 10th-12th grade opportunity opportunity to help teach and lead in Pre-School, Elementary, or BUMC56 Sunday School classes; 11th-12th grade students can help Middle School Sunday School. An application is required, contact Adam Jones at
Small Groups consist of 8-12 students of the same grade and 2 trained adult co-leaders. Several 7th-9th grade small groups are co-ed. Small groups provide a Christ-centered community providing youth a place of accountability and belonging as we grow in Christ together. Small groups also participate in various service and social opportunities together throughout the year. They run the length of the school year, starting in the fall, but you can join at any time by contacting Lee French at .
Listen to past Sunday Night Teachings in the Tabernacle on our You Tube Teachings Page
7th-9th Sunday (5:00-7:45 pm)
5:00-5:20 pm Snack Supper - Cafe
5:20-6:00 pm Worship - Tabernacle
6:00-6:40 pm Small Groups
6:45-7:45 pm Jubilation Choir – Jr. High Room
7:45-8:30 pm New Covenant Rehearsal – Jr. High Room
10th-12th Sunday (5:00-8:00 pm)
5:00-6:10 pm Sonshine Choir – Jr. High Room
6:10-6:30 pm Snack Supper - Cafe
6:30-7:05 p.m. Worship – Tabernacle
7:10-8:00 pm - Small Groups
- Youth Confirmation is for anyone in the 7th-12th grade who has not been through Confirmation before. Confirmation is class to learn the basic tenets of the Christian faith and Methodist tradition leading toward a better understanding of the faith and Church membership. It meets on Wednesday nights 7-8 p.m. in the Spring semester starting in mid-January. For more information or to register, contact Rosanne Schenck at .
- 6:00-7:00 pm Meet the Youth Staff in the Youth Café to walk across the street together to get some dinner!
- 7:00-8:00 pm Bible Studies (Middle School Bible Study, High School Guys Bible Study, High School Girls Bible Study, and Youth Confirmation in the Spring Semester).
- 8:00 pm Ensemble Rehearsal in the Pit, A182.